Monday, January 5, 2009

Life Isn't Measured In Minutes, But In Moments.

I told myself I wouldn't write another blog until I finally saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. You see the other night, some friends and I planned to go see it but I never got to watch it because most of us got there late and the tickets were sold out. I had been dying to watch it and tonight, my friend Vanessa and I finally went to go see it and of course.....Brad! :)

The Movie was very interesting, very sad, depressing, funny, it was emotional, ridiculous, nasty at times, yet still beautiful, it was romantic, sexy, touching...and the list could go on. There was this one line Brad Pitt's character said which stayed in my mind long after the movie was over, and it went a little something like this: "We are defined by opportunities, even those we miss." What I think he meant by that was that the actions that happen and don't happen in our lives are what shape it. It's very deep and something I can very much relate to, it's like this saying I heard on (a show I like by the name of) Heroes, where they said that if you go and change the past even "a butterfly flapping it's wings when it hadn't before could cause the deaths of millions" thus the movie The Butterfly Effect which (the title makes sense now lol) deals with a kid going back in time and changing the future by altering tiny actions that took place in the past. And that's what Benjamin tries to get across through out the movie!

It was very weird though seeing him age backwards, lol but I don't want to spoil anything for any of you so I'm going to end the Benjamin Button chatter and move on to another topic. I just hope most of you go and see the movie, it was sad, but very very good, leaves you all pensive . :) Apparently time travel movies do that to me, last movie that left me thinking about stuff after seeing it in theaters was The Time Machine. If you ask me, it would just be very cool to be able to time travel :) wooohooo!

Well as for the other topic of the night, I came across a new song by The Fray called Syndicated and I'm looooooooooving it!!! I'm so glad their coming back! Them and Kelly Clarkson, she has her new song premiering on the radio later this month on the 19th, I hope its good, I can't wait. There are also some good shows coming back this month on FX specially, I can't wait for the new season of Nip/Tuck and Damages, Damages new season looks reeeally good! I love Glenn Close and the other actress who co-stars in the show but who's name I can't seem to remember...Rose Byrne, there you go! lol

Well I'm off to bed, its pretty late and I want to get an early start tomorrow and do a bunch of stuff seeing as its the last day before school starts up again. I leave you all with the video to Syndicated. GOODNIGHT EVERYONE! Until next time! =]

1 comment: