Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Oscars Blew Me Away!

I won't lie, when I heard Hugh Jackman was hosting the 2009 Oscars I was a bit skeptical about how they would turn out, not that I have anything against Hugh (I love him!), it's just normally the people who host the Oscars are top notch comedians or actors that are well known for their humor, so really I would of never paired Hugh with the Oscars, that is until I watched them tonight! I think Hugh was wonderful and that's coming from someone who sadly missed a big part of the show (I had forgotten they were on tonight lol). I enjoyed how he was able to throw his musical background into the mix and make this year's Oscars the most musically enjoyable to date! I especially enjoyed the number he did along side Beyonce, it was so qwirky and funny how they performed a ton of famous songs from musicals in a combo. I posted the best video I could find online of the performance below, enjoy it! :)



I was also very happy to see Kate Winslet win Best Performance by an Actress she deserves it so much! And her speech was so beautiful I love the way she expresses herself, lol and her father's whistle was hilarious! Here's the video of her acceptance speech...


THE WINNERS OF THE NIGHT WERE:

(Note to self: I need to watch The Reader, Doubt, Slumdog Millionaire, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, and Milk.)

1 comment:

  1. for the first time I actually saw it lol it was ok apparently Slumdog Milliner was the best movie Im curious about watching it.

    ReplyDelete